Saturday, November 19, 2011

2) "The Meaning Behind My Blog Name", or, A Tale of a Tune

I'm liking this already!  I am now on the second of thirty blog post prompts (see here for the the list and first entry).

Today's topic: the meaning behind my blog name.
Alright, to begin go here and push play right now.  Let the music play while you come back to continue reading.  It's the backdrop music for the post.

My Blog name, "the joy of life," is the title of the Kenny G song you are listening to right now.
I love the happy feeling of this song.  When it gets going I love grooving to the rhythm and melody of it.  It makes me happy :)  Life can be joyful.  Think of something today that made you happy.  Really think of something, don't just read over this and move on.

Now think of something you can do tomorrow to make someone happy.  Remember these things; I'm going to ask you about them later.


Now stop reading and just listen to the music for a while; I hope it makes you smile and feel good.



Did you like that grooving part?  :)  I did

I think that on my old computer this was my top played song.  Writing this post makes me want to encourage it up to that area on "Top 25 Most Played" again.  It's a good song--and it's the meaning, or inspiration, behind my blog name.

As for the url, nilnoca, that's aconlin backwards.

Will you post in the comments something today that made you happy and something you can do tomorrow to make someone happy?  I'll post my thoughts as a comment to get it going.
Thanks!

Cheerio!
-Andy


3 comments:

  1. Some things that made me happy today are spending time with some of my family, visiting my parents, and spending time with a great friend I haven't seen in a while (and listening to this song a lot while I wrote this post :)

    Something I can (and will) do tomorrow to make someone happy. I'm going to start smiling more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I was at work -- all day. But it was so happy! I loved teaching the missionaries about Tagalog and then about stress management in the MTC/in life! I always need that lesson again as much as they need it the first time and I love sharing my testimony with them about the atonement and how it helps us even with stress, maybe especially so :) I need to remember that more often. Also, today is great because my sister's are coming to go to "White Christmas" with me.
    Tomorrow I am going to continue writing my one a day nice notes for November - that has made me happy and I hope at least 30 other people once the month of gratitude is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it too late to comment on this? Sorry... I'm just now checking up on my blogs to read :) What makes me happy? A clean house and a happy baby. What will I do to make someone else happy? I'm going to make cookies for my hubs tonight. Wow! I'm stuck in baby mode aren't I? Don't worry, I'll branch out as soon as we're able to retreat from the house again.

    ReplyDelete